- How do I setup my tent?
Let's be honest. Setting up a tent is more often than not, a massive pain! You'll be happy to know our tents are super easy to assemble.
See steps below:
*HOT TIP* Choose your location wisely, free of rocks and sticks that may cause you issues later!
1. Lay the tent out flat. Locate the door, and rotate the tent until your happy with the direction the opening faces.
2. You will find two sets of pegs inside your tent bag. Using the heavier set of pegs, secure the groundsheet to the ground through the black loops. Start at door of the tent, and work your way around. Make sure to pull the ground sheet tort before pegging each loop down.
3. Next, step inside the tent with the centre pole and erect it at the centre of the peak in the roof. The base of the pole should stand in the centre of the groundsheet, on the reinforced square of fabric. Please note, you will see one end of the centre pole has a loop/ring on it. This end is the top, you can use the loop/ring to hang things from such as a lamp.
4. Take the A-frame pole and pass it through the door one side at a time. First, find the peg at the top of the frame and insert it through the metal ring found at the top centre of the door. Once in place, secure the base of the A-frame into the loops found on the ground sheet, on each side of the door.
5. Final steps! Close the door of the tent, and begin pegging down the guy ropes. Once all guy ropes are secured, tighten the ropes using the slider (it is recommended to tighten opposing ropes at the same time and work your way around to ensure stability).
Ta daaaa! Time to party.
- What is the waterproof rating of the tents?
Our tents are treated with a 3000mm water head rated PU coating.
- What materials are the tents made of?
The tents are made from a Polyester ripstop fabric. This fabric is woven using a special reinforcing technique that makes it resistant to tearing and ripping.
The groundsheet is made from 150g PE tarpaulin.
The windows are made with B3 mesh.
The poles are steel.
- How much do the tents weigh?
The tents, along with their carry bag, weigh 14 kgs.
- What are the tents' dimensions?
The floor of the tents measure 4 meters x 4 meters. The centre pole stands at 2.5 meters tall.
- What if my tent is wet when I pack it up?
Where possible, always wait until your tent is dry before packing it up. The benefit of polyester material over canvas is that it dries much quicker and is much less susceptible to mould. However, if you cannot dry your tent before you pack it up, make sure you unpack it when you get home and leave out to dry. Mould can still be an issue with polyester tents, especially if packed away for a long period of time. Always store your tent in a cool, dry place.